Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nice surprise!

This will be a long post because I'm just going to add all the pictures from our weekend. When I got home from work on Thursday, March 26th, Kevin informed me that Kyra and Brad were on their way here from Irvine and would be spending the night with us. Their plans were to go to Monterey on Friday and visit the Aquarium and then on to San Jose to tour the Winchester Mystery House. They would be back on Saturday to spend the night again and then head home on Sunday afternoon.
Cody and Kyra awaiting their entrees

Brad order Twin Peaks at AJ Spurs. Twin Peaks is two bacon-wrapped filet mignons, one topped with hollandaise sauce and the other with asparagus topped with cheese sauce. Wow!

Kevin turned to listen to our server.
Here's the bunch of us. Its a pretty good picture for being taken in a restaurant. Good food!


Sunday morning after church I decided to make cookies. I'm using the Mexican vanilla Mike and Mandi brought me from their cruise last month. When Kyra heard the beater from upstairs, she told Brad I was making cookies. She came downstairs and texted Brad I was making cookies. He came down a few minutes later to taste-test my batter. I guess it was good because they both kept eating it.
This is Brad and Kyra in their gorilla pose.
As soon as the cookies were done, we headed to Templeton to lunch at Joe's Place. Brad ordered an omelet with avocado and country potatoes (I can't remember what it was called).

Kevin and I shared a mushroom, spinach and cheese omelet with hash browns. It was so delicious!
Cody started in on a Monterey Omelet.


Kyra ordered the Breakfast Burrito and cut it in half to take the rest home. It was huge!

Kyra, Brad and Cody enjoying lunch or maybe we should call it brunch.

Kyra and Brad's new car--Infiniti
Bye! Have a safe trip! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment