Saturday, February 19, 2011

Richard's birthday (same day as Austin's!)

Richard is my nephew, son of my oldest brother, Mike. He called me about a week ago to invite us to dinner at McLintock's to celebrate his birthday with other family members. Kevin, Kyra and Brad couldn't make it and I would have to go late, after work. When I got there, everyone was eating. Lana asked their server to bring a chair. The server brought one from the kitchen and then gave me a menu. Before I looked at the menu, she said, "I want to tell you about our special first." She related the special--some kind of steak. I said "I'll take it!" And I'm not kidding you but I had my dinner in about 2 minutes!! She said "I stole it from someone else, don't tell anyone." It was delicious! Lana had the server bring out the cake she bought and they all sang happy birthday, McLintock style, and took Richard's picture.
When we were getting ready to leave, I mentioned I wanted to get a picture. I handed my camera to Mike, but every picture he took (3) was blurry. We went outside, after looking at the pictures posted on the hallway wall, Mike was there from last fall. Christine took a couple of pictures and finally one came out acceptable. A nice way to celebrate! Thanks for having a birthday, Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment