Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm Done!!!

You'll never believe it! I finally finished my painting project that I started 2 1/2 years ago! It started out easily enough. I decided to surprise Kevin and paint one wall of our hallway. Well, after I adjusted to the new color (going from Navajo white to Palmetto), I saw that the whole hallway needed new paint. It was the original paint from when we moved in here 24 years ago! I got the hallway done, with Kevin's help and almost finished the inside of the hall closet when I ran out of paint and impetus. Since I start work in the afternoon today, I decided that today was the day! It didn't take too much prep work due to Mandi having cleaned out the closet when she was here last (thank you, Mandi!). It was kind of awkward painting the upper back corners since I left the shelves in. I really didn't think it through or I would've taken the two shelves out first to paint the walls and the ceiling. Oh well. Its done and now Kevin will put the door back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment