Monday, June 23, 2008

I did it!

I finally did it! I've been making homemade salsa for 5 or 6 years now and Kevin finally said it was good. Not "its missing something" or "you almost got it" but its just right! I think its in the tomatoes I used as the base. Start with 1 can (10 ounces) Ro*Tel Mexican Lime & Cilantro, 1 can Ro*Tel Mexican Festival Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro (2 cans total). Add 1/4 c chopped onion, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 Jalapeno pepper and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Blend it in the blender on the lowest speed until it is the desired consistency. Keep it covered and refrigerate. Enjoy! Ever since Cody talked me into making it for him to take to school, that's the only salsa I like. I hope you like it too. By the way, its very spicy so if you don't like spicy don't eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment