Thursday, November 26, 2009

Liar!

I have the weirdest/funniest story to relate. One day at work, a man came up and asked me if I could page someone. I said "I can't". He said "yes you can. I know you can because my mother used to work here and she told me you can. She used to work at this register and she told me you can". He was almost ranting. Then, get this: He yelled (and there were people in my line) "Liar. You're a liar". He starts to leave, comes back and says "I'm going to report you. what's your name?" He looks at my badge and mutters to himself "kathleen" "You're a liar." he said it at least 3 times--maybe more, very loudly.
Wait--that's not the end of the story. The next day, one of the assistant managers, Sheri, comes up to me, puts her arm around my shoulders and said "What's this about a phone call I got about you?" I think I muttered under my breath "Gee I hope it wasn't from the guy who called me a liar!" Then she said "A customer called to tell me what a wonderful cashier you were!!!" It was this really nice lady who had about 50 coupons and kept telling me I was "superb". She asked me if my phone number was on the receipt. I was a little surprised by that and she clarified that by saying the store number. Then she said "I want to call and tell them how superb you are.!" Isn't that sweet? She was a very nice lady. What a day that was--I was called a liar and superb!

2 comments:

  1. What a psycho man! Sounds like he was a little bit crazy to me. I agree with the other lady. You are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that make you a superb liar? LOL

    I think that lady's right... you ARE superb. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete