Friday, May 29, 2009

Family Dinner

One Sunday we had a family dinner. When I asked Melissa if she would be available, she suggested we have it at her fiance, Steve's house. Its right across the street from the Draper Temple. Its also huge! 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a pool with a spa. We had different kinds of soups along with salad and rolls. The goofball in the picture above is my brother Steve. He did his hair and the earring for my nephew Ryan who forgot about the dinner and therefore missed out on Steve's hair. I can't believe Ryan would forget about free food again! That's my sister Teri on the left.
Here's a shot of the kitchen and dining room area. I love the style of this house, but its just too big for me. Sitting at the table and you see just a slice of him is Cody and then Danny on the other side of the table. Standing at the door to the deck is Jenny. Sitting at the breakfast bar are Teri and Clem her husband. Standing on the other side of the breakfast bar are Melissa and Mandi.
When the Goodwin family gets together we like to talk as evidenced by Danny talking to Vicky, my brother Steve's wife. Steve is coming in the door. To the right of Vicky with his back to the camera is Cody talking to Jenny.
Cody and Jenny--they get along really well since Jenny is only 4 months older than Cody and married to his older brother!
Mandi is listening intently to Steve, Melissa's fiance, talk about his work with disfigured children in Mexico. He volunteers his time and expertise to poor children who need plastic surgery.
Mandi, Melissa and Steve. We had ice cream for dessert along with the Brownies I made. When Melissa called me at Mandi's house to talk about the dinner, she thought I was Mandi and when I identified myself as Aunt Kathy she said "Pushy Aunt Kathy". Well, maybe I was pushy but at least the dinner happened!
Clem, Teri, in the background--Vicky, Cody and Jenny
Teri, Clem and Danny--I'm sure that was an interesting conversation.
Danny and Jenny are so cute!
I took this picture of Danny and Cody just as Danny thought he had a "buggie". That's what Kyra used to call anything that irritated her.
This is a better shot of my boys.
Steve sat down at the piano to play "Moonlight Sonata". He said he hadn't played it in awhile. I say--more practice. I love to hear him play. And that's the end of the family dinner. Love you all and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I had no idea you took so many pictures! I must have been talking with Cody for a long time, because I'm with him in almost all the pictures. That family dinner was a lot of fun, and I'm excited for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... thanks for sending me your new address! I haven't been on here a whole lot lately, but I love the pics of the family dinner. I think I met Melissa a couple of times and I'm soooo escited to hear she's getting hitched! :) Thank you for always saying hey, and for the cute birthday cards you send the kids... they love them and they do remember you still!!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete