Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roses

I know you've been dying to hear all about my vacation over the past two weeks but I'm starting with the last day. On Saturday, Kevin bought me roses to celebrate Mother's Day (we were still in Utah). I cut the ends and arranged them in a vase at Mandi's house. He also bought Mandi a bouquet for being the mother of our grandchildren. The next morning as we were leaving to head home, I grabbed my roses, wrapped them in a dampened paper towel and then foil. By the time we got to Las Vegas, they were very droopy. When we got home, I took them out of their wrappings, clipped the end of the stems and immersed them in cold water. Well, I forgot about them but when I got up the next morning, I filled a vase with fresh water and put them in it and they were just like new, as you can see by the picture. A tip I thought some of you out there might need someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment