Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brownies


a comment left in my comment section the other day inspired me to post this recipe.
I started using this recipe when I was 12!

(Its been a few years)

I copied it out of my mother's cookbook "The Joy of Cooking"


Brownies

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts


Grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan. Start oven 10 min before baking: set to moderate (350). Sift flour, measure, resift 3 times with next 3 ingredients, the last time into a 3-qt mixing bowl, or the large mixer bowl. Add butter, eggs and vanilla. Use wooden spoon and beat 100 strokes per min. by hand, or 2 min on medium speed on mixer. Clean off beater and remove. Stir in nuts with a wooden spoon until just distributed. Turn into prepared pan and spread to even thickness. Bake 20 to 22 min or until barely done. Mark, cool in pan on cake rack, and then store like Brownies. Sixteen 2-inch.

(copied just like that. i don't actually sift. I don't even have a sifter!)

2 comments:

  1. These are the best brownies EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the part where the husband helps, by testing the batch before baking...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete