Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quilt!

Teri, you better sit down before reading this post. A little background--about 5 years ago, I went to visit my sister, Teri, and she had some leftover material and suggested we make a quilt top. Its called quilt in a day, log cabiin pattern. So she started cutting and sewing and I ironed. Well, I bought the batting and found some fabric for the back. I was going to use a white sheet for the backing and give the quilt to danny and jenny for a picnic quilt but danny decided the top had too much white in it. For several years its been sitting in my bedroom, waiting to be finished. So on Sunday, I told Kevin I was going to finish it and it would be on the bed last night.


Hare the steps. I laid it out on the floor, sewed the backing together,

put the right sides together with the batting on the wrong side of the top,

Then I cut the backing and the batting to fit the top,
sewed the pieces together, leaving a section unsewn to turn it

turning

turned

ironed

tada!
just need to tie it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good looking quilt. Definitely don't want to take it picnicking though. :)

    ReplyDelete