Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lunch at Basil

Kyra--3 months pregnant!


I have to tell you about the cute way they told us they were expecting. Brad contacted me about my schedule, telling me they wanted to thank us for letting them live in our garage apartment for the past year (for free!). We made arrangements to eat lunch at Panolivo's in Paso Robles on Saturday the 18th. I took my camera so I could take pictures but forgot to take any! After we finished eating, Kyra said "We want to give you a little something" reaching into her purse. She pulled out a card and my first thought was "They better not be giving us a gift card!" She told us we had to look at it together. I leaned over to Kevin and opened the card Thank you and inside "for everything. And congratulations Grandma and Grandpa". I looked at her and kind of squealed "really?" I leaned over and hugged her and we both started tearing up. Then they told us they wanted to wait for the first trimester to pass before they started telling anyone and their due date is March 30th which is kind of funny because my first pregnancy due date was also March 30th!


4 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited! What a fun way to find out! Your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! (Kyra, you're allowed to go ONE day over due, but no more. March 31st is the perfect day to have a baby. Trust me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, that is such a WONDERFUL suprirse!!! Congratulations!!! :)

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete