Friday, March 20, 2009

More flowers

Back in December and January, a lot of customers were coming through my line buying bulbs--daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, etc. I kept saying I was going to buy some to set out. Well, I finally did and it was about the middle of January when I finally set out hyacinths, tulips and crocuses in these two half-barrels that were just sitting around with soil already in them, waiting for something. I was very hopeful that I wasn't too late. This picture shows hyacinths blooming, taken right after I got home from Utah.
This barrel shows a hyacinth and a crocus blooming.

I just took this picture this morning. I was so excited to have a blooming tulip that I called Kevin at work to tell him. I don't think he was as excited as I was. To the left of the tulip that is blooming is another one getting ready to burst. I love them! Isn't it interesting that right next to the tulip is a hyacinth of almost the same color!


No comments:

Post a Comment