Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Olive Tree

A week ago Saturday (the 21st), Kevin got out the chainsaw and tried to cut down the olive tree in front of our house. Well, the chainsaw whimped out so he was only able to cut off two main branches. Then last Saturday he bought an electric saw and proceed to finish cutting down the tree. Now, you may ask, Why was he cutting down a tree that has grown and given us shade for many years (about 30)? I'll tell you why--because the olives leave a huge mess on the patio pavers and we get olive tree starts from all the pits the birds leave for us. Last year he thought he was going to dig it up and transplant it to the back yard where it won't affect any pavers. When I asked him about cutting it down, he said it was easier to do that then to transplant it. I agree.





I took this picture on Sunday after all the work was done. Thank goodness I had to go to work on Saturday or Kevin would've enlisted my help, I'm sure.
We let out lawn die last year because it needs to be completely reseeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment