Saturday, June 27, 2009

33 years!

Monday was our 33rd wedding anniversary. I was scheduled to work till 9:30 that night so I called Kevin at his work and arranged for dinner together during my lunch break. I ordered take-out from Cool Hand Luke's and we took it over to the City park. We found a nice table in the shade and I started doling out the food and found there weren't any utensils or napkins! I forgot to ask the guy at the reservation desk for anything and he forgot to ask me if we needed any! Urrrrrrggggghhhh! I ran to my car and fished a spork and a spoon out of the glove box! Kevin had his handyman tool on his belt. Thank heaven for Kevin! So we shared the knife on the tool to cut our rib-eye steaks and used the spoon for eating the Baja chicken enchilada soup (this is a yummy soup and you should try it if you get the chance). The spork was practically useless but somehow we muddled through. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. I was so frustrated with Wally at Cool Hand Luke's. The food was really, really good. Oh well, what memories we will have....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's such an accomplishment. Stories like that are not usually fun in the moment, but they make for great memories in the long run!

    ReplyDelete