Saturday, June 13, 2009

garden!!!

It was Memorial Day and Kevin and I both had the day off. We looked for the hoe and couldn't find it, so Kevin sent me to the store to buy one. When I got back he said he practically had to kneel to use it. He should've known better than to send a short person to buy a hoe. Haha. As you can see, he's making rows.

I'm watering after planting the corn. The rows are so long that I only planted about 2 rows before I ran out of seed.
These are my tomato plants. Yummy! I can't wait. I love vine-ripened tomatoes.
Here's the drip section of the garden where I planted cantalope--the whole package!
Kevin is putting in another emitter
Now I know you wondering why I took a picture of dirt, but if you look real close you can see the sprout of corn--only five days after planting!
That's when I planted this whole packet of watermelon seeds
This is the drip section of the garden-to the south of the corn section.

4 comments:

  1. I am envious of your huge garden!!! We have wanted to start a garden for a long time and just can't seem to get it done... we will sooner or later!!! Hope everyone is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I'll have to take some more pictures of our container vegetables sometime soon. I definitely wish we had more land so I could plant a proper garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny commented? Wow! Great updates while I've been gone. I had a fun time catching up on your blog! Gardening is so much more fun than I thought it'd be. Danny showed me all the progress of our veggies while I've been gone, and it's crazy how much they've grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Danny commented! Thanks! love you two!

    ReplyDelete