Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Now, when you read the title of this post, you're supposed to sing it! haha. Jenny invited me to lunch with her and Danny for my birthday. It was so nice to be on vacation (paid!) for my birthday and not work. I decided last year when I worked on my birthday, that I wouldn't ever work on that day again! So, for lunch we went to Koko Kitchen, my favorite sushi place in the whole world. This fried shrimp dish we got for free because the customers left before it was ready. I ate almost the whole shrimp, even the fried antennae! It was pretty good. Crunchy.
Mussel shooters. I wasn't going to eat them then Danny practically shoved it in my mouth (teehee). It was good too. When the chef was fixing it, I told Danny and Jenny that I wouldn't eat any but there you go. The orange fish eggs are crunchy! They pop when you bite them.
I forget what this is called by it has salmon roe and quail's egg on top. I really like this! You can see a picture of me eating it on my dil's blog.
Here's what our place at the sushi bar looked like on our way out.
The two sushi chefs. They know Danny pretty well there. Danny kept going on and on about how he tried for years to get me to eat sushi and then thought it was funny that it was a co-worker who introduced me to sushi when I worked at Gottschalks in San Luis Obispo. Thank you for a delicious lunch, Danny and Jenny!

1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of fun! Birthday sushi is a must :) Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete