Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cambria!

Colleen and John. For those of you who don't know, John is my "baby brother". They came to California from Virginia for a high school and family reunion. Atascadero Class of '69 had their 40-year reunion and invited the classes of '65-'75 to join in. So when Steve and Vicky and John and Colleen arrived, we drove down to the beach while Vicky laid down for a bit (Steve didn't want to leave Vicky to do all the preparation for dinner), to soak in the coolness that is Moonstone Beach.

Steve is 2 years older than me and here he is, posing with Colleen and John "A rose between two thorns"

The waves were rolling in and I walked down to the edge to see if I could get my toes wet. Well, the wave rolled back out and when the next one came in, it still didn't get my toes. A few waves later, after I walked closer, a big wave splashed in and I was wet above my knees! By the way, the water is cold! It felt very refreshing after driving over from 95 degree Paso Robles.

Steve saw this log and said "hey, I'll get on this log and you can take a picture of a bum on a log" so I did!


This is me after I got soaked. Do you like my baby footprints, Vicky?


The waves splashing up on the rocks


Colleen sitting next to John and Steve--we're enjoying each other!

Later we all went for another walk to see the sunset. In case you can't tell, the sun is setting here.

Kevin took the camera and took this shot of our best sides. Haha

Kevin and I walked straight down to the ocean where we found this sight.

Here's another view of it

The last of the sunset


We tried to do the self portrait, but we need more practice. As you can tell, the wind was blowing pretty hard. It was also cold!

Kevin got on his motorcycle to head back to Paso.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're having such a great time with your siblings in town. Wish we could be there! I love those pictures of the ocean. And Danny and I were looking at the pictures together, and we commented on what a goofball Steve is. He's always doing something funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the beach!!! Makes me want to go... :)

    ReplyDelete